Safeguarding Level 2 Course
This is a one-day course (approximately 5 hours), suitable for all those working with children in schools, nursery, pre-school, child minders, wrap around care settings, sports clubs and nannies.
This level 2 course is for those working with children, young people and families regularly and have a professional and organisational responsibility for safeguarding and promoting children and young people’s welfare. Training will provide the knowledge and confidence to identify concerns to welfare and act upon them. Delegates will learn about their responsibility and how to contribute appropriately to safeguarding processes. This course is suitable for Early years providers, childcare providers, all types of schools, wrap around care settings, sports clubs, nannies and any other professionals working with children or families.
Courses are taught face to face in your own setting or we can provide a venue if required. The course covers:
• Understand what is meant by safeguarding children and young people.
• Knowledge of legislation, guidance and local safeguarding children procedures.
• Identify categories, signs, symptoms and indicators of abuse and neglect
• Factors that impact on the vulnerability of children
• Identify the barriers to children and adults reporting concerns
• Know how to respond and report your concerns and awareness of information sharing protocols.
• Identify relevant policies and procedures that support safeguarding and child protection.
• Understand PREVENT and how this links to safeguarding children and young people.
Course price includes:
- Attendance certificate
- Course handouts
- Accredited courses available on request (accreditation costs are additional)
- Two trainers for up to 15 delegates per course (subject to space)
Contact us for a price and further information on how to book a course. Bespoke courses are available on request.
Book your place now or find out more about the course by completing the form.